Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lesbians 1, Cops/Soldiers -3

*Flashback*
When Wilson and I first moved back to El Paso we went to Wal-Mart to buy a few household odds and ends (cheap stuff we could use while we unpacked...okay, okay, we needed toilet paper because I hadn't pooped since Tucumcari). Anyway, we left the dogs to their own devices - Roswell to wander around the house and Bruno in his cage. We arrived from our Wal-Mart excursion to find that Bruno had broken out of his cage and torn down the mini blinds in the bedroom and living room. I tell you this story to bring you to ...

*Today*
Wilson and I finally moved out of the old apartment today. We've been in the new house for a week now, but have been unavoidably detained from cleaning out the rest of the house (he with his studying, me with ... well, tennis.) Anyway, so remember way back during the first paragraph I talked about the blinds being torn down? Yeah, well we never got around to fixing those when they were broken in July, so now we need a new set of blinds. So first thing we need to do is measure the window. One problem, we packed the tape measure. That's okay, we'll just borrow one from the neighbor soldier upstairs. Except he wasn't home. That's okay, we'll just borrow one from the other neighbor soldier upstairs. Except he didn't have one. That's okay, we'll just borrow one from the neighbor cop upstairs. Except he didn't have one either.

So just as I was about the measure the window with a 13x9 inch glass casserole dish (and don't even ask me why that was still unpacked) I remembered the last person we knew in the building - the lesbian that lives down the way. Ta-da! She was home and Ta-Da! she had a tape measure!

So that's the end of the story, kids.

Oh and I sincerely apologize to the Nissan pick up that was behind me on the 375 when the baby gate/doggie gate flew out of the back of *my* Nissan pick up as I was going 65 mph.

Current music: Melodramatic score to some cartoon that's on TV right now.

No comments: