Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Yule Blog

Oh ho ho ho ho ho, I ate so much pot roast for dinner.

So, let me tell you how bitched up I am about shopping at the mall. Civilization has deteriorated (and yes, I had to spell check that word) into a completely self-absorbed capitalistic power shopper and it is no wonder that Time magazine had to name "you" as a computer aided being Person of the Year and not the "You" that stood in line at Gap whilst her 3 year old screamed at the top of her lungs.

Seriously, though, it is no wonder I shop online these days. Our society ills me. I do have to say, though, that the people working the registers at Victoria's Secret were fun. They were trying to sell this lip enhancer thing at the counter and I picked it up and looked at it with my queer eye (and in this case, queer refers to the "odd" definition and not the "homo" one) and the woman goes, "I know ... like I need my lips any bigger" and then she puffed them out. Then I replied, "would it be the same thing as if I ate a banana, I'm allergic to those and swell up." She laughed.

Okay, so not the most witty of repartee, but amusing nonetheless.

So, Christmas is here, and I for one, am reclaiming my "Christianity" and greeting people with Merry Christmas (should the occasion warrant a holiday greeting). I'm done with Happy Holidays and Chrismahannakwanzakuh and being politically correct. In honor of a) my identity and b) separation of church and state (and hence any politically correct brainwashing) I'm saying Merry Christmas.

So Merry Christmas. Bitches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas back at cha! Hope you and Wilson had a wonderful holiday. Can't wait to hear more about the BIG day in July.

I'm still workin' hard here in PA to cure some of the social ills you were talking about in your blog (as a counselor in Punxsutawney :) Yeah...with the little old rodent!!!).

Hope all is well with you,
Susan DeVaughn