Sunday, June 01, 2008

Waxing Nostailgic

In an effort to avoid A) the 104 degree temperature outside and the B) oppressive pile of laundry I'm choosing to ignore, I decided to reactivate my Facebook account.

To be honest, I got the Facebook bug when I had lunch with my dear friend Angie on Wednesday. Or Thursday. I totally don't remember when it was. I do remember I enjoyed our time thoroughly and I had a yummy pizza at Ardovino's. Flash forward to Sunday and here I am, writing a blog about how I just reactivated my Facebook account. I thought I would have to start from scratch but when I tried to create a new account I was reminded, in a quick flash of "nothing dies on the internet," that my old profile was archived and I could reactivate it. I did and was greeted with my old page (cosmetically new) but right where I left it. It was an eery culturally anthropological view into my life in 2006. I was at Dartmouth, I was 28 and according to the umpteen "Happy Birthday" wishes on my wall, I had just had a birthday.

Either way it was just a weird thing to experience on a random Sunday in June. I'm looking forward to all the time I don't have but will spend catching up on stalking everyone with whom I used to be familiar and then feeling satisfied that I have a current relationship with those people based on the fact that I read their news feed.

Happy Summer, bitches!

No comments: